Sunday

Candy, candy, candy...

Ah, October! I love this time of year. Halloween is by far my favorite holiday! Dressing up and begging for candy? Funny how it seems that our food banks are always low, but neighbors seem so willing to hand out candy to greedy kids they don't know. Anyways... It's still my favorite! I never dressed up in anything too creative. I know I have been my fair share of black cats, punk rockers, witches and vampires. One year, me and 3 of my friends dressed up as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I was Raphael. The costumes were cheap. Green sweats and sweatshirts, and bandanas. Classic. One year I was Sabrina the Teenage Witch, but no one knew since it wasn't a whole lot different than my normal look. I remember in 2nd grade my mom came to my school to help me get ready for the 'parade' and she ratted my hair so bad and huge that I almost refused to leave the girls bathroom. It was a fire hazard waiting to happen.She probably used a whole can of Aqua Net. Here's a pic of me and my brother, as Frankenstein. I think he had marshmallows glued to his neck, for bolts. When we lived out in West Jordan, we had this girl come to our house trick-or-treating, and she was dressed as Princess Leia. She had a white robe on, and bagels tied across the top of her head as her signature 'buns'. Still, that was the best costume I have ever seen. I will never understand the kids that dressed up as hobos or bums. That is just disrespectful. There were always the kids that were Spiderman or Batman, that just seemed too comfortable in their costumes and it made you wonder if they dressed up like that at home just because it was, Tuesday? I did dress up as Tinkerbell and my friend Mandy was Mary Catherine Gallagher - Superstar! Oh, and there was the time I was Trinity from the Matrix. That was fun! Yeah, I'm a 12 year old child trapped in a 31 year old's body... Still, I love Halloween!

1 comment:

melsartstuff said...

You should find a picture of you and your friends as the Ninja Turtles...I think I may have one...