Thursday

What is THIS?...

Right now things are crazy... I've been trying to declutter my mom's house. There were 3 rooms packed full of crafts, odds and ends and a few sentimental items. My sister and I filled up countless garbage and recycling cans with 'stuff'. We found a magazine amongst the mayhem from 1983! Most of the things are going to be sold this weekend and next week in a massive garage sale. Hopefully not a whole lot will be put back in their house, but we'll see. I think my mom started 'hording' to fill a void after my brother and I moved out. She held onto things that she can't even explain. It's been really emotional for my whole family for me to come in and turn their house into a disaster area, more than it was, trying to help get them get rid of years of junk. It's amazing how attached people get to possessions and objects. Personally I would rather have photo albums of friends and family and memories that we've made then a bunch of rooms filled to the brim with stuff. But, their house was a fire hazard waiting to happen. We are halfway there, and should have the majority of it done by this weekend. There will be lots of crafts, Mary Kay, furniture, Stampin' Up, glassware ... you name it! So, PLEASE come to my mom's garage sale...post if you would like the address.

1 comment:

Cameron's Corner said...

That's funny, cause I've actually thought about storing a bunch of useless trash and knick-knacks in my detached garage... just to give my kids something to stress about after we die.

I'm gonna start raiding other peoples garage sales just to get my hording started.